Thursday, March 24, 2011

I entered a contest and I won!

Can you believe it!?!?! Thank you Amorology Weddings :) I'm so excited that I actually won something!

- a $25 Sephora gift card
- a copy of the new book HOW I PLANNED YOUR WEDDING
- a copy of Susan Wiggs recent novel MARRYING DAISY BELLAMY




I also won some Mascara from Clinique a few weeks ago. Thanks Clinique!!!


I can't remember the last time I won anything! I'm most excited about the Sephora gift card.

     I don't know if anyone has been to the sephora in Pasadena but they are AMAZING!! The night JR proposed to me I was a mess. I couldn't stop crying. As you can see in the pictures my face is red and I have tears (happy tears) falling down my face. When I spoke to my dad on the phone to tell him the great news, I heard him start crying. I started crying all over again after I had finally calmed down a bit. Just seeing the man I love down on one knee asking ME to marry him was just AMAZING!! After the phone calls we decided to go to dinner in Pasadena. JR and I were in the car and I was complaining about my make up. It was all messed up and I knew I wanted to take a few pictures. I just didn't want my face to look like it did at the moment :( I decided to make a quick stop inside sephora since it was right there. I walked in grabbed make up I had heard about and asked someone if they could do a quick color match for me. The girl started telling me about this other make up line and how great it was. I would have loved to listen to her had I not been in a hurry. I explained to her that I had just got engaged and was crying ( of happiness) and needed to fix my make up quickly. She looked at my hand  and told me my ring was BEAUTIFUL,smiled and sat me down. She grabbed another co worker and quickly explained the situation. They retouched all my make up and fixed my mascara in about 5 minutes. They were so sweet! They were my Fairy God mothers for the night :)  I've been wanting to go back but just haven't had the chance. I'm also planning on writing the company and let them know about how happy I was with my Fairy God Mothers :) 

5 comments:

  1. wow you won something! dude... i need to win some baby stuff now - never won any bridal stuff (got close to winning free photography but we had already book our photographers - doh!) but now i get all this junk mail cuz of all the contests i keep trying to win from. that's sooo awesome!!! i'm so excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =) I made a wedding e-mail. I was afraid that if I used my regular e-mail that I would get the junk mail. You should try entering some contests. Maybe you can win a cool stroller or cute clothes. Have you ever looked into modeling? Maternity modeling? I heard you get to keep a lot of the stuff that is used in the shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I LOVE your blog. I just read it and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh I love this story so much! I can just picture you at Sephora freaking out the night of your engagement and I can totally picture cute ladies doing your makeup!

    ReplyDelete