Thursday, May 19, 2011

99 Days Left....

   It’s true. 
I have left the triple digits and entered the double digits. In exactly  99 days I will be marrying the man of my dreams.  I’m so excited but at the same time I keep thinking about all the things that still need to be done! Eeekkk!


  Screen shoot of the wedding counter app :) 



Dad Update.....

I've had people asking about my dad lately. I would first like to say thank you to everyone. Thank you for all the prayers, concerns and good thoughts. It means so much to me and to my family.
 
Well a month and a half ago my dad had an appointment with UCLA. My sister and I both went to the appointment with him since it was an all day type of appointment.  We met with different doctors and social workers t o explain the entire Kidney transplant/donor list .  Everything has pretty much gone as expected. His kidney function has gone down enough to be officially added to the transplant list.  UCLA was really great. They were so nice to us that day and for that I am so thankful. Since both my sister and I were with him they made sure to speak to all of us. They asked about our life and if we had any kids or if we were married.  The last doctor we met with was the medical director for the Kidney Transplant Program. He was very nice and while he was speaking to us he asked if we had any possible donors in mind. I raise my hand a bit and let him know that I would like to donate. He then asks me about my health and my age. The best part was that he looked at me and told me that I’m skinny and that I look fit & healthy.  I’m not going to lie, It made me feel good :) Who doesn’t want to be told that, RIGHT!?!?! Well anyways, he then starts to ask me some questions like if I have any children. I tell him I don’t and my sister and dad explain to him that I’m engaged and plan on getting married sometime this year. After a few more questions and overlooking our family health history he advises me that I shouldn’t donate. Our family history with Lupus is not so great. My sister was diagnosed a few years ago and we believe others in the family may also have the disease. Although I don’t show and signs of Lupus now, he said that I am still young and my health can change.   He also briefly explained that I may also encounter problems with conceiving in the future and other risks. That part was scary. He wants me to pull back and for us to look for other possible donors.   I really respected him for telling me all of this because I’m not his patient. My father, the man who needs a kidney is his patient but yet he still made sure I knew the risks that are involved and told me no and that I can’t donate right now.  Now for me this was hard. I felt like I was letting everyone down. I wanted this to be quick and fast for my dad. I don’t want him to have to go through dialysis or anything. My dad cried when the Dr. left the room. He told me how thankful he was that I was willing to do that for him. My dad from the beginning was scared for me. He didn’t want this to cause any future health problems for me and after the doctor looked at our family health history and shared his opinion he knew it was better that I don’t donate.  I was thankful that my family was very okay with it. I really did feel like I was letting everyone down.  When I started driving home I called JR and cried.  It was a hard day for me but at the same time I knew that I needed to take care of myself too.  I started thinking about how it’s not just my decision. I have a wonderful Fiancé who loves me so much. We will be one soon and we need to make sure we make these big decisions together. I’m just so happy that he always supports me :) In the end the doctors told us that my dad is on the list so that is really great news.  He is doing well and just 2 weeks ago he flew back home to Bolivia & he is happy to be home with my mom.  The doctors say that my dad has time. The rate that his kidneys are going should be fine for about a year. Thank goodness he doesn’t need to be put on dialysis right now.  I know things will work out EXACTLY the way they are meant to work out. I have such faith that the Lord will take care of everything. My family is Eternal. I will be 
with them forever! How amazing is that....I get to be with the people I love FOREVER!!



Los Angeles Temple 2008

3 comments:

  1. you are so brave and generous. The lord will bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know this, I'm praying for him! Love to all the Sandoval's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is awesome. I really like reading about them.

    ReplyDelete