Sunday, April 17, 2011

Di: Hi, How are you? JR: Hi, I've got bad news

Thursday night. 
What a crazy night.
 JR left my house a little after 9:15pm on his motorcycle to go home. He almost always calls or texts me when he gets home so I know he is safe and to say our final good night. Right when he left I went upstairs to get ready for bed. I washed my face and brushed my teeth and slide right into bed.
My phone rings and It's JR.
Di: Hi, How are you?
JR: Hi, I've got bad news.
Di: Whats wrong?
JR: I got into a accident.
 My heart dropped and I felt pain in my chest. I wanted to try to stay calm while talking to him but inside I was freaking out. I start asking him, Where are you? Are you okay? Are you hurt? I'm on the phone with him while I'm starting to run down the hall to get into my car and get to him as fast as possible. I then notice...I don't have shoes, socks or a jacket on. I rush back and start putting on what needs to be put on while trying to figure out where he is. The accident happened on the 210 freeway. He tells me where he is and then I tell him I love him so much and that I'll see him in a few minuets. He sounded startled and shaken up on the phone. If anyone knows JR he is ALWAYS very calm.

I call my dad while I'm in the car. I tell him quickly what happened and to pray for JR. I also called my best friend, Jessica. She is good at calming me down. I needed them and God at this moment to help me get through whatever was about to happen.

The moment I pulled up and I saw him standing there, I cried. I rushed up to him to hold and kiss him. I couldn't believe how lucky and blessed he was and how lucky and blessed I was. I can't imagine not having him here with me. At that moment I never wanted to let him go again. I hear about motorcycle accidents all the time. At least 2 times a week while watching the news in the morning as I get ready for work. I've always made sure to tell JR I love him before he leaves and  give him a kiss. I've had nightmares of accidents and still inside a part of me thought it will never happen. He walked away from all of this :) He is okay. He is banged up but okay. That night while I prayed, I cried. I was so thankful that God protected him. I thanked him for all that he has given me. I thanked him for JR. 


The day after I made sure he came over so I could take care of him. I let him choose whatever he wanted to eat. He decided on In-N-Out. That night when he really wanted Diet Coke and I didn't have any, I went out to get some. I was more then happy to do it. I was just so glad to have him here with me. 
For those of you who know Jorge and might be worried, he is fine. He is banged up pretty bad in some areas like his poor legs (they have road rash). His arms and ribs hurt from the fall but he is okay :) My Handsome man is okay!! 

 Yesterday we went to Lancaster to visit my family. My cute little niece Lou Lou was going to be preforming at the California Poppy Festival. She is 2 years old and loves her dance class. She was so cute! JR has known Lou Lou since she was born. This is them at her blessing. As you can see they go way back ;)

 Yesterday we told her that Tio Jorge has ouchies. The reason we told her was because she likes to climb up on us to sit on our laps.We wanted to make sure she would be extra soft with him. JR showed her a little bit of his ouchies on his ankles and she was so worried for him. 
she said
 "Tio, you go to the Doctors and get a shot. Okay?"
She also gave him a big hug. She hugged him for a little bit . It was so sweet. 
She loves him. During the day she would remember and ask Tio if he was okay. 

 I'm so glad and thankful everyday for my loved ones. 
I'm thankful for my handsome man.

JR,
I'm glad you're okay 
I love you.
-Di







2 comments:

  1. So scary! So Glad to hear he is ok!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been the worst phone call ever. It's really weird reading these stories because I've already heard some of them and now I'm reading them like right after it happened. It's kind of weird.

    ReplyDelete