Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mom

I've had people come up to me lately telling me they read my blog.
I didn't think anyone was reading it since I hadn't been receiving  many comments but I guess you are out there. 
It made me happy to know people are reading and enjoying.
Don't be shy and leave a comment if you like. I'd love it!
:)

 I started this blog so my mother, Jazmin, could be updated and a part of my wedding planning. I know it must be hard for her to be so far away during this important time of my life.

This is my mother.

My mother is my #1 Fan. I'm not exaggerating in any way. This cute woman made sure to go to all of my games, recitals, award ceremonies and school plays. If it were a sporting event she would be yelling and cheering me and my siblings on. I laugh every time I think about the way she would cheer so loudly at our games. 

A few years ago my parents moved back to South America. They currently live in Cochabamba, Bolivia and they love it!! They get to see all their family and friends again. At first it was REALLY  hard for me to deal with the fact they were gone. Just ask JR, I would just start crying out of the blue because I missed them so much. As time has gone by I've been able to handle it a lot better. During the holidays is when I miss them the most.

     Last May my parents came down to visit us kids and the grandchildren. The night before they left JR had the "talk" with my dad. He was asking for my hand in marriage. I love the fact that he did. Even though he wasn't going to be doing it right away, he knew this was going to be his chance to get to ask my father face to face. I had no clue he was going to ask for my hand in marriage. I thought he was going to tell him not to worry so much about me and that he loved me very much and that he will make sure to watch over me while they are gone.
     While all this was happening I was upstairs with my mom and sister. We were packing the rest of the luggage. My dad walks upstairs by himself, JR stayed downstairs to finish watching the laker game. He starts looking at me with this big smile on his face and he is about to start crying. I'm like, it's going to be okay, we will see each other really soon! You see, Every time they leave we all cry like crazy!! We hate saying goodbye to each other. Well I thought this is what was about to take place. He is going to start the good byes. I was wrong!!! He blurts out that JR just asked him for my hand in marriage!!! My mom starts freaking out and my sister is like, WHAT!!! I of course have the biggest smile on my face. I'm so excited! My dad starts crying and gives me a hug. My mom then starts with the water works and then it's over. The 4 of us are upstairs crying because JR asked for my hand in marriage. My dad starts telling us about how he did it and what he said. He was super impressed because JR did it in Spanish :) Well, then my mom turns to me and asked, when's the date??  I look at her and explain to her that I'm not engaged and that we don't have a date. I then explain to them that I don't think I'm supposed to know that he asked for my hand. I explain to my mother again about how it's a secret. How we don't have a date yet since i'm not engaged. Fast forward to the next morning.
 I wake up to a phone call from my brother.
Chris : "Congrats!!! I heard you and JR got engaged last night! That's awesome!"
  Di: WHAT!!!! Who told you that?? We aren't engaged!
 I explain to him what happened and he starts laughing and tells me that Mom told him :)

My mom was one of the first that I called when I got engaged. She started yelling and cheering for me on the phone and all I could do was cry. I wished that she could be here to kiss and hug me. I also wanted her to do this little clap thing that she does. It's really cute :) I didn't get the hug and kiss I wanted but she did tell me how happy and how proud of me she was. She told me that I deserve this, that I deserve to be happy and that she couldn't imagine me with anyone else. She carries this picture of JR and I in her purse and shows it off to everyone. It was nice to hear her approval over the phone about the man I had chosen to marry.I look back and I'm so thankful that my dad spilled the beans that night. I was able to see my mom's reaction to the "engagement" news and get a big hug and kiss from her that night. 
She was just happy that she could finally tell everyone that I was engaged. I was happy for that exact same reason.
I'm engaged....FINALLY :) 






6 comments:

  1. Finally found it! So cute and I'm so excited. We have some things to talk about. Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good story! I love reading this blog Diane! I tear up almost everytime! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so cute! i'm glad you're giving your mom updates and so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this story so, so much. I think that's what every single one of my comments says. Sorry, but it's true. Poor Jorge just watching the Lakers game had NO idea what was going on upstairs. Haha.

    ReplyDelete